FAQ Of Web Design Process
How much does a Web site cost? (As little as $350 / year)
After determining the development requirements for your website, we will provide you with a bid that has a fixed project price. The total cost will depend on the features that you chose for the site, and any additional work that is requested as the site is being developed.
Site maintenance and upgrades will be billed at our hourly rate.
Hosting accounts and domain name registration fees are extra.
How long does it take to have a Web site designed?
The average turnaround time for a Web site design project is 1 - 2 weeks. However, these times are entirely dependent on the complexity of the site, the customer's level of involvement, and our current workload.
How does the Web site design process work?
Developing an effective Web site takes careful thought and planning. What is put into the planning stages will ultimately be reflected in the end product. With that in mind, here are the basic steps that are involved in our Web site design process:
The first step in the process is outlining your website features, functionality and sections. We will need you to provide us with an estimate of the number of pages that will be in your site and outline (with our help) the basic functionality of all the main sections. This will aid in the determination of a quote for your site.
Once we have a clear idea of what you want your website to feel and look like, we will present you with a written proposal (including a fixed-rate price). If you decide that the terms of the project are acceptable and you would like to have your Web site developed by us we will send you a service agreement.
The following steps are included in this step of the process:
- Read, sign, and return the contract and remit payment on the initial amount due (50% of quoted price).
- Several layouts of your site will be created based on input from your consultation. You will be notified upon completion of the layouts, and you can review them.
- You can either choose to have your site developed from one of the initial layouts, or you can request modifications until you find you are fully satisfied with one.
- After you sign-off on a layout to use as the basis for your site, we will begin programming the back-end of the site.
The next steps: (These final steps are applicable only after the other steps have been completed)
- Submit your final content (text and images) for the Web site (we will assist you with graphics). We will then add the content to the pages and format it for the web. You will be notified after the content has been added.
- Conduct a final review of the Web site. While you are reviewing your site, please make note of any changes, additions, or corrections that should be made. (Additional fees may apply for extensive revision of existing content or the addition of new content.)
- Any changes that are necessary will be made, and upon your final approval of the Web site, an invoice will be issued, and full payment is due at this time.
Can you write the copy (text) for my site?
No, copy-writing services are not offered at this time. However, thorough spell checking and grammar checking will be performed on any submitted text.
Are all your designs original?
Yes, we custom design and develop all of our websites.
What will I need to provide?
- A brief list of pages, sections and possibly categories presented in your Web site (e.g. Products, Testimonials, Directions, etc.).
- Identify what text you will use for each of the sections and pages. Good sources of text include brochures, articles, and sales pamphlets that you have used in the past.
- Locate any relevant files, such as logos, clip art, photos, sound files, or videos that you would like to have used in your Web site.
Phone 503.206.2853 - 1700 NW 137th Avenue, Portland, Oregon 97229